Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SmartStart 4.9 CD needed for Compaq Proliant 1600 Server 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

crstine

Technical User
Sep 2, 2003
US
Does anyone know where I can download a SmartStart CD for a Compaq Proliant 1600 server? I believe the version is 4.9 reading through the threads. I tried a newer version (7), and it stated it did not support the 1600 server. I have a 3200 Smart Array controller in the server I need to reconfigure. Anyone have a CD that would work on this server? I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks,

crstine

I have a version 4.8 on the way to me. I don't know for sure that it would work on the 1600.

Hi,

Any chance I could get a copy, perhaps download an ISO?
I'm stuck at the moment.

Thanks,

crstine

Unfortunately I do not. Is there a site I can grab the ISO from you?

Thanks,

crstine

I do not have the ftp server up yet. Where are you located? maybe I cam mail you a copy?

I may have a temporary ftp solution. I will have to set up a specific time for the download. Let me know asap and I will try to coordinate it.

I'm located near Salinas CA. I'm on PST. If you could temporarily host an ftp site, I could ftp it down at a predetermined time tommorrow (Saturday) perhaps? I'll check the posts tommorrow morning before 9AM PST. BTW, thanks for responding to my post.

crstine

Well, it's a new day, Saturday morning. I actually have an ftp site you can ftp the ISO to. I'm at home; setup an ftp server this morning. If you read this post on Saturday (the 15th), I'll have my ftp server on-line today. I'll check the post to see if you got this message.

ftp://beerstine.dyndns.org

Login as anonymous.

Thanks

it is on the way. Your connection is slow so it shows that it will be complete about 9.00 cst.

Hi,

Just got back from a family outing and noticed the HD LED had activity. Thanks for sending the ISO. How big is it? I'm located at the outer boundaries from the telephone CO for DSL service. My DSL connection is slow; but sure beats the old dial-up I used to have last summer!

Thanks, got the ISO and the mission.mpg. Are you a pilot flying vintage WWII planes? Nice footage! My dad was a naval aviator flying patrol at the end of WWII and the Korean War. He retired as a corporate pilot many years ago now. He's 83.

Thanks again,

Chris

We fly with the CAF out of San Marcos Tx. The pilot in the green yak 18 is 81 and flew at the end of WWII, Korea, and in Vietnam. We have a P39 Airacobra, B25 Mitchell, P40 Warhawk, T33, acouple of Yaks, a Zero, Kate Torpedo Bomber, and a few T6's in this hanger. They all fly. It is a real treat to be around the older fellas.

Very cool! Thanks again for your help. I'll burn the ISO tonight and try it on the Proliant 1600 tomorrow.

Thanks for all your work.

crstine

I am new to this site.

You can use any version of Smartstart CD up to version 5.0. They will work and understand the Proliant 1600. Version 4.8 will work also. The reason for the new ver 7.0 does not support the older proliants is that the olders ones do have a ROM chip. The older ones uses a small ISSA partion on the HDD for your BIOS. The other reason is that is HP's way of forcing you to upgrade to a 3rd generation server.

I was 4 years with Compaq's Proliant server system. I'm pretty familiar with them.

Hi all!
I have the same problem. Need to install a Proliant 1600 und Smartstart 7.10 does not support that server anymore. Where can I download a previous version such as 5.00?

Thanks in advance.
André

I am in the same boat reptorant. I lost my SmartStart CD and now I have a HD failing and can't rebuild it.

Any help appreciated to get an ISO of SS 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back