Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDaveM

Vendor
Feb 12, 2002
US
I have a PC thats loses time, i.e. date and time, over the weekend. It will lose about 4 or 5 hours each weekend. Also, on Monday AM, the mouse and all other functions are real slow. When the system is rebooted, eveything runs at normal speed, except the clock, which has to be reset to the correct time.
Dave

Try updating your motherboard drivers, that should help it keep better time.

And don't you feel sluggish on a Monday morning?

Regards.

Do you turn it off during the week-end ?
Try also to check the lithium battery that is use to keep the time during power off.

Thanks
Yes I feel suggish on Mondays. LOL
The motherboard is new, 6 months old and I have loaded all the drivers for it. No, it is not turned off during the week end.
Dave

Hi,
Have you flashed the BIOS - It made the difference on my PC.

Regards.

check your software.... it sounds like software is causing the time problem.
good way to check is to unplug the harddrive in the time frame when it looses time.
set the time exact and synchronize with another time piece.
let the computer run for a few hours without the drive (on boot it will give an error. no operating system, etc...)
reboot and check the time in the BIOS.
if it is skewed Warranty the motherboard.
if not ..... HUNT for the software causing the problem.
turn off microsofts time synch

I think the culprit of losing time is the little battery on the motherboard. If you replace that, you should have great time.

-I am the walrus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back