Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow logon and event log errors at startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2005
US
I'm getting the following errors upon startup within the Event Viewer. What made me go check out the event viewer is the fact that all of a sudden, my computer started taking longer than usual to get through the "Applying Computer Settings" dialogue.

Here are the four errors...

Error 1
Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network. (The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

Error 2
Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. ). Group Policy processing aborted.

Error 3
Event provider attempted to register query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceDeletionEvent where TargetInstance ISA "BRCM_NetworkVirtualAdapter"" whose target class "BRCM_NetworkVirtualAdapter" does not exist. The query will be ignored.

Error 4
Event provider attempted to register query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceCreationEvent where TargetInstance ISA "BRCM_NetworkVirtualAdapter"" whose target class "BRCM_NetworkVirtualAdapter" does not exist. The query will be ignored.

The machine is XP connecting into a 2000 domain with ISA2000. Thanks for any suggestions!!!

Any update to this? I am having similar problems except for Error 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back