Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SK98--WinXP Problem 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWSarture

Technical User
Nov 22, 2001
US
I am running Windows XP Home on an AMD Athlon 1.4 Computer with 256K of Ram, and 2 40 Gig HD's. Have developed an annoyance in SK 98 that didn't appear to be there at first. When I try to make an entry in the calendar, I get about 8 characters of garbage in place of first character and then rest of characters. I now find that I can use backspace to get rid of the garbage, but would like to know if anyone knows of a patch to fix this. I have installed the patch for invalid mast:wk; that got rid of error messasge, but not the garbage.

Chuck

Dear wefxu,
When Sidekick starts, it loads into memory the active cardfile and if it is a large one it takes a while longer to load.
Create a new cardfile and then save it under any name and check in Tools|Preferences|General
in the dialog that opens, see in the Text box next to Default view: that Contacts is selected and last active view is not ticked and then OK and exit that dialog and close down all the other cardfiles but that one and exit Sidekick with that Blank Cardfile as the Open/Active one.
If Sidekick then opens quicker the problem is the other cardfiles.
If you feel you may have a corrupt Cardfile open each one individually and then close and open Sidekick and see what effect they have on the loading time.
Check those things out and then post back.
Good Luck

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

Dear wexfu,
Post your question as a new thread next time as it makes more people aware of your plight than those who have marked this particular thread, they may find the answer to your problem quicker than we will.

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

I created a new empty cardfile, still hangs. I have noticed that when this occurs it is when something else is running, like the internet, etc. and it is downloading. It is like something gets corrupted and it will hang until the next time I do a complete erase of my hard drive and re-install everything.

Dear all including jeross,
who I see has marked this thread
Sorry I haven't been back, it sometimes gets a little busy.
I suggest if anyone wants the answer to this problem that they post a new question as this one is down the bottom of a thread and won't get seen by anyone, other than those who have marked the thread, or anyone who has searched for text which is present in the thread.

Regards Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back