Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Site to Site VPN and Avaya phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronstex

IS-IT--Management
Mar 28, 2013
US
Ok guys I have a question with site to site vpn and Avaya phones. OK for site one it has a cisco ASA and site two has a sonicwall. They are both vpn'd into each other just fine and can ping the list of subnets on both sides. For safety we will say the ip500 on site one is 99.99.99.10. I can ping 99.99.99.10 from site two. When I plug the ip-phone into site two and the phone gets all the way to discover 99.99.99.10 and stops. I did some reading and see the a lot of people was saying that having the H323 enable on the sonicwall could cause this problem but I've disabled it.

Let me know your thought maybe someone else has ran into this.

Disable any fixups, inspect maps or ALGs etc etc relating to anything remotely voice oriented and you should be OK. We do Draytek > Draytek VPN for SCN and remote IP phones and it works fine :)

All fixups disabled on both asa and sonicwall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back