Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TekTips site redesign? 6

Rhinorhino

Vendor
Aug 29, 2022
US
What does everyone think about the TT redesign?

Nonstop alerts lol. Had to manually configure them, hopefully it is good now.

Is there a dark mode on here? Or do I need to install an extension to force it?

lost some of the FAQs and now I need one of the lost ones. This set up sucks.

One good thing I found is that you can have private chats with people.

just hover over the Blue Icon above the handle and "start conversation"

But that is a small plus in a sea of WTF's

I found out that the links within the signature don't work

to find what you want you can't simply search for a word

Well, you can, unless I have misunderstood you. it just isn't obvious where to do that. You have to go into Search Forums, and then select the Search FAQ tab ...

I lost some FAQs
The transfer from the old site somehow managed to miss any FAQs after about April 17th 2019. Site management are aware and will hopefully be recovering the missing FAQs. No idea of a timetable, though.

I do Avaya IP Office...
Where is it in the list ?

Yes, Forum management is a mess. I have my own workaround for searching for a specific forum - I access the Search Threads tab (under Search Forums or Advanced Search), then use my browser's search page feature to find the forum in the 'Search in forums' list. There may be a better way to do this, but I haven't found it for now.

>the option to choose between OLD or NEW

Unlikely, I fear; two completely different platforms - this isn't just a reskin.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back