Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP trunk through Voxitas

Status
Not open for further replies.

acadacom

Technical User
Mar 7, 2008
US
Has anyone setup a SIP trunk through Voxitas. We just ordered the trunk and cant get is working. We have a sonicwall with NAT pass thru.

turn off any SIP / VoIP transforms, run STUN on the IPO if needed, and use a public STUN server as the one on the IPO no longer works.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

do you know of a public stun site I could use?

I have tried a stun server and still no luck. any additional suggestions?

@ acadacom

There´re application notes on support site for supported SIP providers. Check one as a reference.

Acadacom,

They had me set the firwall type to open internet. Are you able to register with Voxitas? Can you receive calls or make calls?

No, what did you use for a stun server? I'm using 90.200.168.165.

I am using 69.90.168.13. I don't think they use stun though. What firmware version are you on?

we are on 6.0.8 but we are upgrading to 7.0 tomorrow. Im begining to think my sonicwall is blocking the ports. I created a route for the two but did not open any ports. not that familiar with sonicwall, so looking into that now. and I confurmed that they do not use stun today.

What model Sonicwall?

1. Enable SIP Transformations on the Sonicwall.
1b. Reboot the Sonicwall.

2. Set the IP Office to either Open Internet OR Blocking (try both). For Public IP put 0.0.0.0. For Public port put 5060.

3. Make sure you have the correct IP Route set up on the IP Office.

If you need a stun server, try stun.sipgate.net on port 10000

model tz210

1. Enable SIP Transformations on the Sonicwall.
1b. Reboot the Sonicwall.

done

2. Set the IP Office to either Open Internet OR Blocking (try both). For Public IP put 0.0.0.0. For Public port put 5060.

tried both

3. Make sure you have the correct IP Route set up on the IP Office.

correct
If you need a stun server, try stun.sipgate.net on port 10000

stun server not needed per voxitas

how do i verify ports are open on firewall?

You want to be sure the latest firmware is on the Sonicwall. Sonicwall's had a problem with SIP for years. With SIP transformations turned on, you do not need to open any ports.

The latest TZ210 firmware is: 5.8.1.0.

In Sysmon do you see the SIP packets being sent and received (TX and RX)?

Are you using SIP Registration or IP Authentication?

The latest TZ210 firmware is: 5.8.1.0.
just upgraded

In Sysmon do you see the SIP packets being sent and received (TX and RX)?
no

Are you using SIP Registration or IP Authentication?
SIP registration

Do you have an IP route in the IPO 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0/x.x.x.x router addres?

Use the SystemStatus > IP route to ping from LAN1/2 to the IP of you SIP provider.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Bas1234

yes, I believe my issue is with the sonicwall. although I can ping any address fron SSA but the one I was assigned by the provider

Can you post some screen shots of your SIP config on the IPO? Use a site like imageshack or photobucket.

If you are not seeing any TX packets for SIP in SysMon, than your IPO is not attempting to register. Even if the Sonicwall was blocking all outbound traffic, your IPO would just keep trying to TX registration packets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back