Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP - settings file options

Status
Not open for further replies.

trilogy8

Technical User
Jan 26, 2017
US
While slowly rolling out SIP flashed endpoints we are seeing nuances like:
1. There is a bit of a lag in pressing keys and the phone reacting. It's not as crisp as h.323. Is that expected behavior?
2. While on a call, the conference option is not visible unless you press the 'more' button. Can that be moved to the main options with xfer / hold etc.. ??
3. On the conference subject, you don't get the join option until the far end party answers the call. Is that changeable?
4. We have a mix of h.323 users and a few SIP users that have a bridged line on all the phones. When a call is answered by someone on that bridge and then conferences, the SIP user phone that's not even in play goes into merge and the phone goes off hook.

Has anyone come across and solved any of these issues? We've tried firmware upgrades for items 1/4 but that did nothing. Items 2 and 3, I've scanned through the settings file but nothing is standing out to alter that.

What models and firmwares? What Aura release?

These are all J159, J169 and J189 models running latest 4.014 -- version 8.1

For 1. There is a bug in ASM that causes call problems, it's impacting all our workplace softphones at the moment (handsets are H323 still)

Sounds more like a problem with PPM though, have you tried tracing the SM to see if there is a lag between button press and the PPM message going to CM?

For 2, you can try custom soft keys in the 46xxsettings.txt file.

In the settings file we specify a backup path where the endpoint data is stored. I see call log and button personalization labels, but I do not see the manual contacts that someone added into the phone. Is that a separate setting to have those backed up?

For SIP J100, some information is backed up in PPM - not in a http backup file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back