Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP on 6.1 - Gamma

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPIPOffice

Technical User
Mar 10, 2004
GB
Hi

Does anyone have examples configs or a guide on how to config SIP Trunks on IP 500 V6.1 (specifically Gamma)

Using LAN2 port on a real IP address.

Details of the sip trunks as follows:

Configuration Details
Gamma Telecom IPDC SIP signalling gateway address: 83.245.6.81
Please note that the IPDC authentication is based on the CPE's IP Address, hence the solution does not require SIP Trunk or Username/Password authentication.
The SIP header requirements in the INVITE packets originated from the CPE should be set as follows:
- SDP payload must be present, and must contain your public IP address
- FROM: header must contain public facing interface and originating CLI without leading zero
TO: header must contain IPDC SIP gateway address and the called number with leading zero (UK number) or 00 (International number)

To: <sip:07891234567@83.245.6.81>

3. CLI numbers are validated against the Gamma assigned geo number ranges for each endpoint.
4. Traffic on the following ports must be forwarded through relevant routers and firewalls on the customer premises to allow access to the Gamma IP Direct Connect Network:
- TCP and UDP Port 5060 egress/ingress to 83.245.6.81 (IPDC SIP signalling gateway),

- UDP all ports between 6000 - 40000 egress/ingress to 83.245.6.82 (IPDC Media gateway) Omission of this setting will result in one-way speech!

01172 417630
01172 417631
01172 417632

Thanks

its not difficult. you need to ensure you are using STUN and you dont need all those UDP ports open.

turn off any SIP ALG / Inspect maps on your router. you only need port 5060 exposed.

if you need a UK based business partner or paid for support, then le me know here.

ACSS - SME

HSM is correct it is straight forward with Gamma as long as you use STUN, there is no need to open any ports. I should know as he and I set my gamma trunks up :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Hi

Thanks for the reply - however if the LAN2 is on a real IP, then I don't need to use STUN?
I can change so the LAN2 is behind the firewall, does anyone have a STUN IP I can use?

Also any ideas whay I put in the SIP URI section and SIP Credentials sectio on the SIP lines on 6.1? this had changed since 4.2.

Thanks

If by real IP you mean an external IP then no you don't need Stun. Using the gamma doc and IPO help files you should be able to work out what goes where :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Just been trying to set this up and getting the following:

OPTIONS sip:Unknown@83.245.6.81 SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.44.10:5060;rport;branch=z9hG4bKc5d6ef510b12e01b1bd9d4c27c32fd66
To: <sip:Unknown@83.245.6.81>
Call-ID: e2740151a79bdf3307477f2363b0a619@192.168.44.10
CSeq: 1500261143 OPTIONS
Max-Forwards: 70
Allow: INVITE, ACK, CANCEL, OPTIONS, BYE, REFER, NOTIFY, INFO, UPDATE
Supported: timer
Content-Length: 0

Even though the topology is set to use LAN2 which had a real IP address, but it looks like its using LAN1 192.168.44.10.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Set topology to none and build an iproute.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

As Peter says use topology none and create the old 0.0.0.0. Route to LAN 2 and also turn sip trunks off on LAN1 :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Hi

Changing topology to none, and all working (Had an IP route to LAN2 already).

(turn sip trunks off on LAN1 stopped it working!)

Thanks

i wouldnt leave your IPO open to the internet, you are asking for trouble. the last thing you want is a £20K phone bill because your IPO has been hacked.

learn to set it up properly and save yourself the pain later. (or your job!)

ACSS - SME

Isnt this where the IP Office firewall come in handy? to stop hackers?

Good luck" - are you saying that the IP Office firewall is not good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back