Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP IP phone on ip office

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebopps

IS-IT--Management
Nov 12, 2008
US
There is no way to use SIP IP phones with the IP Office, right?

My other half looks at me weird when I just start talking :).........."oh you have taken a break from Tek Tips have you"

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

My other half looks weird at me all the time :)

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

you talk to yours? novel! i would try it but i doubt she would like it.

Never argue with an idiot. bystanders won't be able to tell the difference.

SHUT UP TALKING ABOUT YOUR OTHER HALVES !!!
You'll all ruin the public's perception of us as socially inept geeks with no social skills and fantasies of revenge with guns!!!

>My other half looks weird at me all the time

Mine just looks weird....

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Matt
you mean Brian?
I better duck now

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

You'll all ruin the public's perception of us as socially inept geeks with no social skills and fantasies of revenge with guns!!!"

Geek sheik is in!

its cool to be uncool. We have won.

My missus actually asked me over dinner the other night if there was a chance we could set up a forum for all our wags to go on and moan about how much time we spend on here.

"There's a dog in the New Zealand section

@amriddle01
Hi. Do you use SIP trunk on this Beta Release. If so... Have they enabled the Out of Band DTMF feature on the SIP trunk tab???
Im about to join the Beta Program here.
Many thanks,
Noel Ohashi

This is what you get on R5 :)

Untitled.jpg

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

@ amriddle01

Hey Amriddle01 many thanks. So its worth waiting for Avaya IPO Release 5.0 afterall. August is about to come anyway ! Right? And all Avaya IPO users will be able to download the new IPO version, right?
By the way, have you already tested DTMF performance on VMP autoattendants. after installing version 5? Does it work ?

Im going nuts from listening to customers complaints about DTMF distortion.

How bout fax support? How is it working for you? I'm so curious about it.

Not much of a change from R4 to R5 in that RFC2833 was already the default in R4. The only difference there is the option to use INFO which isn't widespread anyway.

T.38 support is fine but you'll not find many ITSP out there that support it and the header information in the INVITE in R5 is so limited that those who do support it don't seem to support the way Avaya's implemented it. Look for it to better support fax over IP between IPO in an SCN and to offer the ability to connect to approved analog gateways for remote fax devices.

Overall I've been satisfied with the R4 implementation of SIP and R5 simply makes it easier to program (primarily from the ability to wildcard URI on the SIP line). We implement, on average, 5 all SIP trunk IP Offices on R4 each month and I haven't had any complaints.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

@kolladay
Im using a SIP trunk, running Avaya IPO Release 4.2(11), as version 17 makes the inbound calls work for 10 mins only and then, theres just busy tone for incoming callers. Yet on version 4.2(17), the Out of Band DTMF stays greyed out. It isnt possible to change that. This makes incoming DTMF tone distorted and there's no way to work without hearing our customers compains about how "the autoattendant feature doesn't work". Although I love Avaya solutions I am very concerned with the fact that I can't find a way to solve the DTMF issue on the inbound calls when using SIP trunk. I tried everything. Im already using a new router (Dreytek 2910). This router gives our SIP trunk more availability, but still, most GSM inbound calls coming from Nokia or Motorola cells dont work. iPhone works fine. Does release 5.0 have the feature Out Of Band DTMF enabled? I hope so... as you've told us that versions 4.2 already have RFC2833 enabled.

There is nothing wrong in 4.2.17
It is probably your trunk that does not meet the specs
Avaya is very clear which protocols the support
For DTMF your provider needs to support RFC2833

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Out of band DTMF is "INFO" not RFC2833. The two options in R4 are in-band and RFC2833. RFC2833 being the default. If you look at your INVITE you should see:

m=audio 10224 RTP/AVP 18 0 101
a=rtpmap:18 G729/8000
a=fmtp:18 annexb=no
a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
a=fmtp:101 0-15
a=ptime:20

If you send back a 200 OK with the following:

m=audio 49152 RTP/AVP 18 101
a=rtpmap:18 G729/8000
a=fmtp:18 annexb=no
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
a=fmtp:101 0-15

"“0-15” denotes the DTMF events supported within the “telephone-event” payload (DTMF digits 0 to 15). Instead of sending actual DTMF tones, representations of the DTMF tones are sent (what key pressed and for how long) and the receiving site is expected to reproduce the DTMF tones locally (RFC 2833)."

Kyle Holladay

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

NoelOhashi
maybe your re-invite is not working (hence the busy signal incoming and probably outgoing OK) with your specific line provider with SIP there is a known issue and a special built 4.2(172202)for it.
I stole that info from another thread.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

@kolladay
Two options for DTMF on SIP trunk on Release 4 ?
Please show me where to find it, cause then I will try that as soon as possible.

Many thanks

@NoelOhashi,

There isn't anything to set. If the SIP provider offers up RFC2833 the IP Office will accept it. If they don't then it will revert to in-band DTMF. On outbound calls the INVITE will always request RFC2833 (digits 0-15 see table below) and wait for the far end to accept or negotiate in-band.

Event encoding (decimal)
A--D 12--15
Flash 16

Kyle Holladay

@kolladay

Hi... Ive just tested anyother SIP provider here in Sao Paulo, and now DTMF works wonders. Even if the caller is a cell phone user. Tomorrow, I will test T38 transmission.

Many thanks.

@ EveryOne

T38 fax works very smoothly !!!!!! Now all I will need to do is wait for the H323 9600 series bin files :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back