Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP Gateway recommendation for IP Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

nixnewbie

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2013
US
We recently moved our phone operations to a Datacenter, switched to IP Office, got a new carrier and new number(because our old wouldn't port). There is now a significant distance between our old PRI (and phone number) and our new system. I have just been forwarding the old number through our old Digium server to the new system over a cheap SIP provider. However, it looks as though the PRI card has failed in the Digium so I am looking to replace the setup. I'm thinking the best method would be to put a SIP Gateway at our old PRI and then feed the calls to the IPO server. Does Avaya have a product that can do this? Does anyone have a better idea? FYI, I do have a LAN connection between the old system and the new system via carrier transport so something that would Transport the PRI over IP might be an option too.

Thanks,
Stephen

Put another IP Office there - with PRI card, VCM and a couple of sip trunk licenses. It'll act as a tandem switch just fine. You can even keep it at Release 7, so you don't need Essential.

mforrence. Thank you for the reply. In my own research it looks as though my best option may be to do TDMoIP so that is the direction I am researching.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back