Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SIP calls only reach the SIP users not the h323

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajay81

Technical User
Apr 22, 2013
AE
We Have CM 6.2 wit SMGR & ASM 6.3.3

I noticed that the calls initiated by sip users will not reach the h.323 users as long as the extension dialed is already addedd in the ASM, although the off pbx station is configured (I tried OPS and ec500 as well without luck).

Any Ideas?

if your issue is that a SIP phone cannot dial a H.323 phone, then the issue is in System Manager > Routing > Dial Patterns

You may be missing a dial pattern that matches stations on CM. add a pattern, and point it to the entity for CM and see how this works.

I have done that, And configured the dial pattern to match the station in the CM.
Actually the same extension number is used in SIP and in the CM, and apparently as long as the system manager find the extension in the SIP it will stop looking for it in the CM.
I have traced the sip trunk, no call be reaching.
but if the extension does not exist in the sip then it will route the call to the cm.

System/Session Manager users are not correctly configured with a CM Application sequence.

jimbojimbo, You are absolutely right.
I missed the Application sequence in the user.
Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back