Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Single 1608 - 1.330D - Button Disable 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RafaelGrande

Technical User
Jul 4, 2012
BR
Hello guys.

Does any of you know a way to disable buttons on a single 1608, without affecting all other 1608? I have a customer that wants to disable the "Conference" button only for one telephonist (she presses it all the time instead of the "Transfer" one).

As a matter of testing, i have momentarily changed the 46xxsettings to a version with the parameter changed, re-registered only that extension and restored the original 46xxsetting (in order that the other phones don´t get affected).

The problem is that, if the extension reboots, it will lose the config.

Any thoughts about that?

Or a new telephonist :)

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Indeed, with every system with have installed we have never had this issue, she must be "special" :)

"No problem monkey socks

Very "special". When we migrated them from a Cisco Callmanager she was the one who said nothing worked. Complaint by complaint we proved that the problem were her lack of skill to operate the system. The it guy that supports the site got to the point: "Disable the button, because i dont want to have to go there and take her head off".

I´m proving with the temporary config that the problem is her, but i know they will ask me if i can keep that permanent.

Or put black permanent marker over the logo on the button, if she presses it then she has a black finger then you have prove to the it guy to fire her. :)

Avaya_Red.gif

You could try CONFSTAT in the 46xxsettings.txt it only works for firmware >1.330D but im not sure if it works for CM only.

Feature allows turning on/off the “Hold”, “Conference”, “Drop”, “Mute”, “Headset”, Switch hook and “Transfer” buttons to meet the Call Center requirements.
These buttons are now controlled via the following settings file parameters:
• CCBTNSTAT – Call Center button permission flag
• CONFSTAT – Conference button permission flag
• DROPSTAT – Drop button permission flag
• HEADSTAT – Headset button permission flag
• HOLDSTAT – Hold button permission flag
• MUTESTAT – Mute button permission flag
• XFERSTAT – Transfer button permission flag
• HOOKSTAT – Switch hook permission flag
For more detailed information please refer to the 46xxsettings.txt at
Avaya_Red.gif

Bas

It works also with IPO, but it will apply the setting to all phones that reboot. What i did for testing was to momentarily change the 46xxsettings and then reboot only the phone i want to get the setting, the restore the original file. But if that phone reboots, it will take again the default settings from the default file.

A thing to try is the following.

In the top of the 46xxsettings.txt put in

IF $GROUP SEQ 1 GOTO NOCONFERENCE

# NOCONFERENCE

GET 46xxsettings_stupid-receptionist.txt

Create a second 46xxsettings_stupid-receptionist.txt with that option enabled then got in the phone by MUTE CRAFTGROUP # and change it to 1

Avaya_Red.gif

Nice, didn´t know 16xx family had a "settable" group.

Will give it a try.

It worked!

On the other file i didn´t copy all the 46xxsetting, only the part related to the buttons control.

Star for you!

Thanks for the star and glad you have it working :)

Avaya_Red.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back