Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simultaneous use of handset and headset M3904

Status
Not open for further replies.

savvy101

Technical User
Sep 26, 2005
GB
I'm replacing 2616 type phones (M3310 and M3820) with M3904 handsets.
One department use handset and headset together for training. They're reporting this isn't working on the M3904 handset.

Is this a feature of the M3904 or am I able to program the TN's in a way that enables the use of both at the same time?

I have seen this problem too and not been able to get around it. Would be interested if anyone has a solution?

The 3904 itself have internal program set to headset or default to handset. The button headset on the 3904 switch between headset and handset.

You can do this with a m3905 phone.

With a m3904 you could have the agent doing the training conf the trainee on another phone with the headset muted. Pretty cumbersome though.

if you want to take the phone apart and solder jumpers between the two, you can make them common.. i did that for a cop shop, of course it will void any maint for that set.. but the people that wanted it done carried guns..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I'm not familiar with using headset and handset at the same time as mentioned above on a 2616. Could someone explain how it's done? Does it have anything to do with what type of headset amp is used?

The 2616 has 2 handset jacks.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back