Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

simple single ip wireless phone for IP500. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

qtelcom

Vendor
Jun 11, 2007
CA
Hello,

Have a small business user with the need for a single wireless IP phone, in office only. He has eight 4610 IP phones, an IP 500 on 4.2 with embedded voicemail and doesn't want wi-fi phone that require the AVPP server. (and spends loads of money for a single wi-fi handset) Just want a simple IP wireless headset. What product would fit his needs?

I heard the 3631 doesn't require the avpp, does this 3631 wireless set work on the IP office? Do I need a third party endpoint license?

It works, no AVPP server is required.
At startup it requires 46xx file like a standard IP phone, that means no endpoint license as well.
DO NOT LOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE, you should use the 1.3 one.

I was just looking into this and it doesnt show them on the knowledgebase as supported. Are these for IPO or CM??

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

You're right kwing, 3631 is not fficially supported for IPO, it is for ACM, but I got it then I tested: it runs.

ok cool i just wanted to make sure. does anyone know if they will be supporting them anytime soon?

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Thx Hibroth, it does work indeed. the one I have is on the shipping firmware version V1.0.1. It shows up as a 4620. One thing I noticed is, it doesn't recognize the Label field for the button programming in Manager, but instead uses the default labeling of the action data field.

Is it worth it to update to firmware 1.3.1?

You said to not update to the latest firmware.(1.5.3) Is it because it completely breaks the functionality?

With the latest firmware it runs but doesn't ring at all, all ring settings are ignored by the terminal.

does the latest firmware version 1.5.4 work? or does it continue to not ring? Thanks for anyone's help.

The 3631 is assumed as native IP Office IP Phone (loading 46xx file) ONLY if the 1.3.1 firmware is loaded.
Newer files fix bugs but on ACM, if you will load them the terminal will stop working on IPO.

I need the 1.3 firmware. I have recently received a 3631 for a customer. I have been succesful with IP Office and the 3631 in the past but the new 3631 has the latest 1.5 3 firmware that does not give an audio ring when the phone is called.

Does anyone have the old firmware?

The firmware is listed on the Avaya site but it is RETIRED......

Thanks for any information.
Casstech MARC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back