Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Simple but important question (ds1-alarm) 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fast2furious

IS-IT--Management
Aug 1, 2003
PH
On Avaya G3R v6, there is this very helpful feature button on the phone to quickly check if your T1/E1s are down. This is the ds1-alarm button. However, on version 9 and above, i can't see this feature button available? Any ideas if this has been renamed to another name or if another feature button servers this functionality also on DS1s?

Not sure about DS1 alarm button but there is a major/minor alarm key this should pick up any alarms on the DS1 this is mj/mn-alrm. Hope this helps.

Thanks again Colby. However, we still have some unresolved alarms on our system and i wanted to focus on the Ds1 alarm. Any other ideas? thanks man.

Any alarm in general. But like the cdr1-alarm, i was wondering why Avaya removed the ds1-alarm on newer versions :(

Oh sorry - to test the mj/mn-alrm button you could always busy your DS1 Board!!!!!!

Taken directly from the Documentation:

button name
aca-halt

Button Label
Auto-Ckt

Description
Automatic circuit Assurance (display button): allows users of display telephones to identify trunk malfunctions. The system automatically initiates a referral call to the telephone when a possible failure occurs.

When users press aca-halt, the system turns off aca monitoring ofr the entire system. The user must press aca-halt to restart monitoring.

hows that????

Just found that you need to turn aca Automatic circuit assurance) on the first page of the system features.

off-bd-alm will light for a ds1 outage. I actually just label the button DS1 ALARM.

-CL

This forum is really helpful. Thanks to all! :) I've added the following buttons on my phone already.

I like to be more specific with the alerts. I've got Busy Indicators for all my trunk groups. Its almost impossible for our trunks to all be busy unless there's an outage and the light comes on if all the lines are busy, or busied out.

Hope this helps...

Kris

Well, I just tried some of this stuff. I used a "btn-view" button to inspect the new buttons I made:

"off-bd-alm" shows as "Off-Board DS1 Alarm". (Even though my R8 Admin's Guide describes that button with no mention of DS1. Typical.) But works great, thanks CL!

"busy-ind" (Busy Indicator) works great with trunk-groups. I had no idea you could do that. (They are also handy for making quick test calls to our fax servers, which use DS1 tie-trunks.) Thanks Kris!

By the way, my R8 manual also describes a "ds1-alarm" button, even though this button doesn't seem to be available any more. Good Job Ex-Lucent Proofreaders! Baah!

The two buttons, "mj/mn-alrm" and "major-alrm", also look useful. I think I'll put them both on my 2nd phone. (Guess I'll need a spare 8434 just for all the buttons I want now.) Thanks Colby!

The Automatic Circuit Assurance (and "aca-halt" button) seems kind of complicated. I did notice that you must not only enable it on the first page of the system features, but also in each trunk-group screen. (On mine this is on page 2, "ACA Assignment? y"). However, I'm not sure if ACA will actually alert you if a trunk or trunk group is down, unless it's in heavy use. I think it's more for spotting intermittent outages or locked trunks. Has anyone used this a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back