Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Silent Monitor w/ i2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

1000M

Technical User
Mar 17, 2005
US
Can this be done from a i2004 phone? I've tried this every which way but can not get it to work. These are PRI target lines that are programmed in the BCM but also I read in the manual that it needs to be a two line display phone but says nothing abouth the i2004 phone. Any suggestions? The phone is set up as SM = YES and using the default password of silent.

needs to be a two line display phone" As in 2 intercom keys and a display.

does the i2004 have 2 intercom keys?

Not 2 line display screen

Silent monitor of hunt groups or ACD queues?

2 line display phones refer to M7310, M7324, T7316. M/T 7208 and M/T 7100s are single line display phones, even though they can have multiple intercoms/lines assigned to them (except for the 7100, which is a "single intercom key" phone.

Hi 1000m

You can only silent monitor a hunt group I assume that is what you are trying to monitor

ACD supervisors can monitor ACD calls - however, the supervisor needs to be logged in to the queue(s), then they select Feature 905, enter the agent ID they wish to monitor, then press the Observe softkey. I've done this several times with IP sets with no problems.

If it is indeed hunt group monitoring you're trying to do, I'd have to try this on the lab system to see why it might not be working - strange that it doesn't want to work.

These users/phones are programmed in hunt group 1 and the i2004 phone is set to SM=yes. Also the phones that the i2004 phone is monitoring are T7208 phones, but this should matter becasue the only phone doing the monitoring is the i2004 phone. She puts in f550 and then the default password "silent" but it just goes to idle? There is no ACD on this BCM, but I believe it doesn't matter if you're trying to monitor hunt groups.

That is true 1000m you can monitor a hunt group. Are you sure she is not monitoring the hunt group idle being there is no calls in the hunt group. I have never tried it on an I2004 but I would have thought it should have worked.

Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back