Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Silent Monitor on MiCollab

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizkid66

Technical User
Jan 17, 2012
GB
Hi All,

MiCollab Server 9.2.0.202
Client 9.2.153
MiVB 9.1.0.92, on MSL on VMWare.

When we used to use a 5330e Ip phone, if a supervisor wanted to listen into one of their team, they used to dial the silent monitor feature code and then the extension they wanted to listen into and they could toggle whether to coach or not.

When they try this with MiCollab, it looks as if it has connected, but they get no audio, and no option to coach.

I have checked the COS to make sure that Silent Monitor accept is on the Agents and also that the Supervisors have Silent Monitor Allowed.

Any Idea's Gratefully received,

Stuart.

Could be SO5334 which has a fix for silent monitor through MBG from UC endpoints.

Symptom: "call appears to work correctly but no audio is heard"

The KB article provides an adaptation script to use to fix the issue.

The article also has some additional notes:

"The Coaching (Whisper) functionality that a MiNet set can do is not available from a UC Endpoint"

we recently found that our SDC was wrong - we recreated it as a copy of 71 and it started to work - pretty sure it was without the adaptation

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

The SIP Adaptation script that techymitel referenced fixed it for me. I had a requirement a few months back to have a listen only mode via MiCollab softphone to agents and it worked like a charm. You can even do that script live with no downtime. Follow the guide for it though, as its a bit complicated.

I would add that if there is a dialing prefix in Micollab you need to make sure extension lenght accounts for the access code used plus extension number length. Otherwise, it will be prepended

or use a - in front of the code to bypass the addition of the access code

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back