Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sig Server in Rel 7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2011
GR
I just received an upgrade of an Option 11C rel 4.5 to the current rel. 7.5. It has come with the new CP-MGS (128 Ports) which includes CS, SS, EM and NRS. I have gone through all the configuration and patching and the Call Server part is working OK. The same goes with UCM setup, seems to be fine. The final part is to configure the NRS for 50 SIP trunks with an Aspect Dialer. This is where I don't understand the idea with the signalling server. I can not see it in the Elements of the UCM and of course there no setup for sig serv anywhere.

Anyone with experience with the co-res CS and SS? I have no IP or SIP phones and the only use of the Sig Serv is the SIP trunks.

Thanks.

When you built the system in Deployment Manager, did you configure the NRS?

Yes, I performed the basic config for NRS. The services (SIP Proxy Server SPS, Gatekeeper GK and Network Connection Server NCS) are in service. Is there something else I should check?

Thanks.

Did you add the CS in the Deployment Manager then Assign the Sig Server to that CS. As you cannot deploy any SS based applications to the Server till it is associated to a call server.

The SS is configured in element manager - have you built the Node yet? Configured the SIP Gateway?

From what he is saying he has only deployed the NRS (which can be stand alone so can be deployed at anytime), so chances are he needs to Associate it with a Call Server then deploy the SS applications (EM etc). If this is your mistake I am pretty sure you need to remove the NRS and then re-deploy all the applications at the same time.

I assumed he had deployed the SS, but I see what you are saying.

My comment was more about if he is looking for the SS in the elements page, he's not going to find it since it's configured via EM.

Check Software Deployment --> Then View: CS1000 Systems
Is signaling servers listed below the site name?

No worries it was the statement he made:

I can not see it in the Elements of the UCM and of course there no setup for sig serv anywhere
Un-Quote

That led me to thinking he has even deployed it.

asterisk18 I would be doing the same upgrading option-11 4.5 to 7.5 please email me the steps. thanks

I have been told that if you are using SIP with a release 7.5 system, then you must install Aura System and Session Manager, and that r7.5 NRS is used to integrate with systems running H.323 and SIP below release 7.5.

Is this still the case?

Hi, just to let people know what happened. I had to involve Avaya support into this and the only solution was to re-install the system from scratch. Apparently I must have used the wrong application files (.nai) and the sig server was not properly installed.

The Avaya engineer completed the installation and now it is OK.

Thanks.

Allenmac - NRS still works for SIP and H323 in 7.5, but the long term Avaya strategy is to go to session manager/aura/system manager. More $$$ for Avaya and more complexity for your network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back