Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemens 3000 HG card trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyset6

Technical User
Sep 7, 2007
US
I've got a version 4 Siemens 3700 with an HG card that I can no longer communicate with. I attempted to change the ip address via the serial cable but never got a login prompt. I then connected directly to the HG card by changing my pc's ip to the same range of the card and using a crossover cable. I got a login screen with Internet Explorer using the ip followed by :8085. After login is it got stuck at "Please wait" Switching back to Procomm I saw text going by indicating the card now had an ethernet connection. Tried reseting the card via Maintenance & even reseating, still no luck. After rebooting I never get a login. Sounds like the card itself is bad? Was fine before making a change on our network. I heard the cards are big bucks. I'd rather just replace the thing with a Rolm Mod 10 like we have in other sites.

For some reason today I was able to communicate with the card as long as terminal emulation was VT-100.

Make sure you have compatible software version in the hipath and the hg card. You can find a compatibility chart in de maintanance release notes.

Next thing to try is using internet explorer 6. Internet explorer 7 does not always display the pages correct.

gl

Yes, the confusing world of Siemens. It seems so unnecessarily so after working on other products. I'm on a different pc now, I'll check if the one I was using has IE 6 or 7. I can log in with the serial cable consistently but it still hangs when trying with IE.

i've had the same problem once. My solution was to format the flash and reload the software on the card.

I found out my pc needed a new java script. I downloaded it from sun.com. Now I can log in via the web browser on port 8085.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back