Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Showing all records in a SubForm

Status
Not open for further replies.

WallT

Vendor
Aug 13, 2002
US
I have a main form 'Monthy Report' and the SubForm 'Monthly Report Sub'. It is a monthly report of all equipment, and when the user opens the main form I want all the equipment to show on the subform. The way they have it now, is the user has to enter the equipment on the sub, or use a combo box to get it on the sub, then enter the meter readings. How can I make it so that all the equipment shows up ready for the user to enter the meter readings? Hopefully this is simple.

BigDav,

If you have a table consisting of all your equipments, just put in your subform's record source the table name or create a query as a record source.

What does your main form do or what should be the contents of your main form? Does a user enters their name to the main form and then from that particular field the subform will filter what equipment to show?

Doodie :)

I appreciate the help. The main form is a table that consist of: Date of the report, supply count, Days Open..etc.., the subform is a junction table like OrderDetails in Northwind, it is the many side of thier relationship . It is like that because each report consist of many pieces of equipment. Hopefully that helps explain. User now just use a combo box to select each piece of equipment separately in a continous subForm, but I wwould like a way to have all equipment displayed and ready on the subForm when they open the main form to do a new report each month.

BigDav,

Does this mean that your equipment list is fixed and you just have to put their meter reading, etc. daily?

Yes, Monthly actually..."EquipmentID, StartMeterCount, EndMeterCount" It is somebody elses creation, I am just trying things to make it easier for Entry Level users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back