Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Short Code "Record Name" Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjk165

Vendor
May 18, 2012
US
Hello,

I am having a issue with a Short Code for Record Name not working. I get a "Call Rejected" when I dial *88 which is the short code I installed for Record Name. This Control Unit is part of a SCN with 2 other Control Units, VMPro Server. This particular Control Unit is the main unit assigned to the VMPro Server. The other 2 locations short code to "Record Name" work just fine.

Here is how I set the Record Name module up and the Short Code:

VMPro Record Name Module:
Start Point> Record Name>Specific Tab: Callers Mailbox

IP Office Short Code:
Code: *88
Feature: Voicemail Collect
Telephone Number: "Record Name"
Line Group ID: 0

I have used this setup on many other IPO's and this is the first time that I am seeing this not work for this particular Control Unit. Every phone that is on this Control Unit V1 is affected. It's not just one phone. But all of the phones that are on this one particular unit.

I have tried setting up a different short code #81. It didn't work. I tried to make sure the Record Name matched up letter for letter. I tried switching the Line group ID to the other line groups that were offered for example: 50:Main
All of these changes did not work.

I have completely deleted the short code and rebuilt it back up and I still get "call rejected".

Any suggestions would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

Should I do a reboot and see if that clears the issue up? When I test, it just says "call rejected".

Karl

Avaya SME ACIS Certified

Don't use spaces or names used by the system, like "Record Name" is a feature.
Use CAPS to make up for the lost spaces.

In VMPro Client:
Right click the module you made, change it to RecName
*Save changes*

IP Office:
Short Code: *88
Feature: Voicemail Collect
Telephone Number: "RecName"
Line Group ID: 0

*Save changes and try again*

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Hi Gunnaro,

I just tried your suggestion. I made the changes you suggested. Customer did a test and it still says "call rejected".

Karl

Avaya SME ACIS Certified

Restart VMPro services and check that it appears Operational in Monitor, with the correct IP address.
(That's Monitor> Status> Voiccemail Sessions>...)

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back