Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shoretel

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdblack

MIS
Sep 6, 2002
US
They must be making in-roads in the market for them to have their own thread.
Am currently evaluating the product for a possible solution to an aging phone system. Any information from current users would be appreciated.

I'm having the issue you speak about above, I believe, where the voice mail form in Outlook disappears. What I have found is the form is disappearing because I'm using roaming profiles and having Windows exclude the folder "Local Settings" when users logoff. I guess this is where Outlook keeps it's forms data in a folder called FORMS. Now I'm trying to figure out how to not have Windows delete that folder upon logoff.

Is there an honest comparison between IP Office and Shoretel? I'd loe to see how they stack up side by side, feature to feature, so to speak.

I'm having the issue you speak about above, I believe, where the voice mail form in Outlook disappears. What I have found is the form is disappearing because I'm using roaming profiles and having Windows exclude the folder "Local Settings" when users logoff. I guess this is where Outlook keeps it's forms data in a folder called FORMS. Now I'm trying to figure out how to not have Windows delete that folder upon logoff.

I went through several possible solutions, but what I found that worked best and we are still using today several months later was:

Install Call Manager on the console following the instructions from ShoreTel.
Logon to the console and open Outlook to create the form. Without logging off, browse into the local profile and copy the FRMCACHE.DAT out to a network share that the users have full permission to.

I then created 2 scripts.
The first simply calls Outlook.
The second calls the script that calls outlook and then does an xcopy to overwrite the FRMCACHE.DAT that Outlook creates with the one containing the ShoreTel VM Form.

The second script is what I published as Outlook.

Here is my second script, it is just a batch file. The first is an executable created and compiled in Winbatch.
Code:
c:

outlook.exe

xcopy \\hounas01\profiles$\FRMCACHE.DAT "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\FORMS\" /y

For everyone else, please note that this was to enable voicemails to play properly in Citrix published Outlook.

Matt Wray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back