Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SharePoint Document Workspaces 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbrolim74

Technical User
Aug 6, 2009
US
Document Workspaces are a quite useful and nice tool, however I have an issue about their limitations.

If I create a workspace from a document in a SharePoint list (from my MySite, for example), I am able to add users to the workspace
and after everybody collaborated on the document, I can use the option Publish to Source Location and overwrite the original file.
Very good, isn't it?

Problems start when I want collaboration on more files and I use the option Add New Document to upload more files to the workspace.
Only the first file offers the option of Publishing to Source Location (the one I used to create the Workspace).
None of the other files I added to the workspace have such option... so I will have to replace the original ones manually.

Is there a way of working with Document Workspaces that allows me to publish back all files in the workspace?

Come on, nobody has faced the same issue?

In my opinion, this is a very obvious limitation of SharePoint Document Workspaces...

Does anybody have any idea about how to solve this?

Thanks

I see your point, but there is logic behind this. How could you upload a document and then publish it to a *source location*? The source location is your PC. What I would suggest is that you create draft library with a workflow that publishes the document to a finalized library once the document is approved.

One thing you have to realize is the document work spaces are meant for a single document, not a library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back