Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shadowing toolbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark2020

MIS
Mar 22, 2002
US
I am using Metaframe XP. I published the shadowing toolbar to a couple of users. I want to log each time they shadow a session. There is a option if they right click the shadowing toolbar for logging but I want it to be done automatically. Is there a way to have it log automatically?

Thanks for your help

If you enabled shadowing during setup, you can set this in the CMC. Open the CMC, right-click on your server and choose Properties. Go to the MetaFrame Settings tab and check the box to enable shadow logging on this server.

Shadow logging events are stored in the Application log, a start shadow is event ID 1000, and an end shadow is event ID 1001.

I believe if you set this in the CMC, you cannot override it in the shadow toolbar, so the users could not turn it off. They may think they are turning it off, but they are just turning off the log file that you setup, not the event viewer messages.

SeanFlynn

Thanks. It worked once I enabled it in the CMC.

One more question...I noticed when I access the shadowing toolbar as a published app while opening multiple sessions the sessions don't get docked on the toolbar. Also, the stop all shadowed sessions is grayed out. It works fine when I am logged into the desktop of the server. Is there something special I have to do on the published app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back