Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ShadowCopy-Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

srudin

Programmer
Jan 1, 2002
CH
hi
i have a web application and i need to dynamically load assemblies into that application. in order to not have my assemblies locked i enabled the shadowcopy-feature (or more precisely: i added the path of the assemblies to the shadowcopypath since shadowcopying is by default enabled for asp.net applications). indeed my assemblies are now shadowcopied; but every instance loaded from these assemblies generate an invalid cast exception (note: the loading succeeds; but the casting fails). everything works fine without the shadowcopying.
my guess is that the referenced interfaces are different (versioning problem?) but i have no idea if that's true and why it would be that way. anybody got an idea?
thx in advance

i changed the loading procedure from "CreateInstanceFrom" (where i can specify a filepath) to "CreateInstance" (where the assemblies must reside in the web applications bin folder). this works now - but i'm still wondering what the other problem is. so if you got any ideas, they're still welcome - i mean what if i couldn't change the assemblies location...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back