Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shadow Taskbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

snootalope

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2001
US
Hey guys, this might be a crazy idea, but what the hell, maybe someones figured it out..

I've been trying to get ONLY the shadow taskbar to work on my windows XP machine..which of course does not have MetaFrame XP installed. I just get sick of using the CMC cause it takes so long, takes up alot of local memory, and I have to sign on to shadow someone.. I was just hoping I could get that shadow bar to work locally.. I've copied all the required dll files and what not, but I get the error:

"You have upgraded to a new version of Windows Terminal Server. You must reinstall MetaFrame before you can use this tool. Contact your Citrix Representative for more information."

Sucks..i just wanna use the shadow bar on xp.. 8(

If you want to use the shadowing taskbar, you must have the ICA Client (either program neighbourhood ica client or the program neighbourhood agent) installed before you can use this. The shadowing task bar uses the ICA client. I think is correct so check it out..its worth a try!

I already have the client installed.. program neighborhood 7.0.

I'm talking about using the shadow bar on a maching that IS NOT a citrix server and using it without logging into a citrix session..

I have a team on techs whos jobs include shadowing citrix clients. I setup the shadow toolbar as a published application on the primary Citrix server (MF XP-FR2). The first time they connect to the published apps on the server it installs the Icon on there desktop (Win 2000 Pro). From then on they simply double-click the shadowing icon to start the toolbar.
You can also download from the CMC only and install it on your workstation locally.

Michael Chase
Senior IS Manager

Thanks Mac, I already have the CMC installed on my machine, but I was just hoping there was a way to use the shadow bar instead of having to open the CMC to shadow users.

You can, sorry I was unclear. You can either publish the shadow bar to the desktop AND/OR load the CMC locally.
mac

Why don't you publish Citrix Server Administration (mfadmin.exe) and use that?

Quickest and best utility for managing multiple servers and shadowing. Beats that crappy CMC program hands down. Pity Citrix aren't updating it.

Cheers,
Carl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back