Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup VOIP without VPN 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCullen

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2002
GB
Hi

We have a 5610SW IP phone that normaly connects to our IPO406v2 on our LAN with no problems. Over the xmas Hols one of our directors wants to take this home and be able to recieve calls. The director has a basic router at home that doesn't support VPN and we have a Sonicwall 2040.

I have configured the phone with a static IP and the external IP of our sonicwall for the CallSV and the directors router IP for the Router setting.

Also on our sonicwall I have redirected port 1719 to the IPO

When I plug in the phone all it says is Discover and then the IP address

are there anyother ports that need to be opened to get this to work?

is there there anything extra I need to configure on the IPO?

Thanks

Michael

Just to update you, I installed an FVX114 netgear router onto the office LAN to act as the VOIP router for the remote users and it works like a charm, IP phone connected immediately and call quality is A1, so there is definately an issue with the FVX538 so called flagship model, I used exactly the same VPN set.tings. I will speak with netgear this week and see if I can get an answer from them as to why this does not work. I will post the answer if I get one, many thanks for all input, it has been greatfully received and useful.

On another note does anyone know of a compatible WIFI IP phone that can be used with the IP office system?

Happy new year to you all

Do you need any ip routes built in the ipo for this to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back