Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbender77

MIS
Jun 4, 2007
US
OK, I've been pulling my hair out over here trying to figure out why I can't get these two phones to work. I find an open LEN, program it (just cmd 10, 11, 73 and 93) and punch down to where it's supposed to go and it won't work. I can tone from the room to the block just fine so I know that connection is good. I check my punchdowns and they're all OK also...still nothing. The next thing I did was just punch to wires to the block leading to the LEN and crimp an RJ-12 on the other. Even that way wasn't working! I've been able to get that to work before. Then I figure that maybe the LEN is bad or something and try another one...NADA. Maybe that one was bad also I thought and try another one...still nothing. Now I'm at the point where I'm staring at the wall with a blank look on my face. Does any have any ideas as to why this isn't working for me?

Are you sure your on the right blocks, using the correct telephone and not and IP phone...sounds like something easy wish I were there...

Let's start with the basics:
It sounds like you have and IVS or IVS2

What LEN are you trying to program?

Are the "tails" seated well and screwed onto the backplane of the switch?

Good point or has it been taken to IPS and the LEN numbers are now changed?

Ya, I'm on the right blocks and using the correct phone. We only use NEC Dterm Series E's here and that's what I've got...no IP phones.

BTW - When you are programming the LEN are you using an F infront of the extension?

example 10>000:F100 for a DTERM extension 100

There was a time where I was working exclusively on 2400's for about a year and then went on a service call on a 2000. It was to add a phone. I spent an hour trying to figure out what was wrong and sure enough I forgot the flippin "F"

I have been bit by that one, DOH!

In command 10 are you putting an F in fron of you extension number?

It's an IVS2. The first LEN I tried programming was 052, the second was 144, and the third was 126. I'm not quite sure what you mean by the "tails" being seated well, but all other phones here are working fine.

052 and 126 I CCC'ed. They're at NONE. 144 I've left with F1332 (the extension I'm trying to set up).

Do you have a card in PIM 1 LT09? If so what card?

I don't know what kind of card it is. How would I find that out? Is it the PN number? FYI, I'm a computer who was recently "graced" with the phone duties after the other guy quit. My knowledge of the system is rather limited.

For S's and G's I thought I'd try yet another LEN. After I programmed it the light on the card continued to flash.

yes the PN number will do. It should be an 8DLC or 4 DLC or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back