Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup CM 6.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

fid500

Technical User
Oct 27, 2013
US
I apologize if this has been answered before. I am new to Avaya and in the process of setting a lab environment to test Cm6.2 I I was ubale to install System Platform and CM6.2 and able to log in through SAT. I added a simple dialplan and a station, but I am unable to register one-x in CM. I have added option 242 in Windows DHCP with no success. I captured traffic from my laptop and was getting RAS:gatekeeperRequest on Wireshark. Do I need to setup a Gatekeeper and if so how. I don't have any Avaya hardware. all this is done in a virtual environment. I would I appreciate it if I can get a step by step to setting a CM in a test environment.
Thanks in advance

Have you got a hard phone to register ?? as if you have all you need is to tick the ip softphone field on the station form?

If not then you need to enable procr and point the phone at that , but you will not get dial tone so no an ideal test environment

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

1: Do you have a gateway? You need to have a gateway in order to register a phone.
2: Do a change procr and make sure that the procr allows you to register phones and gateways.

Thanks for your responses.
I do not have a Gateway installed as I don't plan on making any outside calls for now. I just want to get familiar with the software and test calling from one station to another.

I added a procr ip-interface pointing to my CM. I launched One-X again and it seems to get one step further. I see a gatekeeper request and a confirm response and then a registration request but no response to the registration request.
I didn't see anywhere where it says you have to have a gateway in order to get CM working.

Thanks

Hi,

it is required to have a gateway for dsp resources. Otherwise you can't make a phone to register.

Regards,
Evert

Registration happens at procr or clan board , the phone will register if set up correctly you will as Evert poinys out have no dial tone , what set type have you set your station as?/

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

montyzummer
I have set the station to 9640.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back