Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setup buttons to dial VM for main line

Status
Not open for further replies.

boecherer

MIS
Jan 8, 2005
US
My receptionist needs to check the VM on a few lines (700 and 750). Is there any way to program button 23 and 24 to automatically dial the VM and fetch messages for 700 and 750 respectively?

I've read other posts and they say to use shortcodes, but I can't seem to make it work. I tried to setup a shortcode *999 for example to dial: *17,700#,password,#
but it doesn't work.

I used:

Short Code: *999
Telephone Number: *17,700#,password,#,#
Line Group ID: 0
Feature: Dial

When I dial *999 I get DISCONNECTED on the display.

U;ve tried a few variations using DialDirect, and VMCollect also and some go tto VM (my own since I tested from my phone) but nothing worked.

This seems like an easy thing to do: program a button to speed dial a sequence of digits, so I must be missing something simeple.

Thanks

1 way to access via a button
Create a short code telephone number is the group, feature is VM collect. Set dial feature on button with the shortcode in the number field .

Soopa Doopa Intergalactic IP Office installation mechanic and configuration corruptor from way back.

I'm not sure I understand your reply. Do you mean to create a short code telephone number "in" the group?

And if I set the button to VM Collect, it goes to the VM box of the receptionist, not 700. I'd like it so she doesn't have to enter the extension (and password if possible) since she has to collect 3 VM boxes each morning or throughout the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back