Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

setting up custom service menu TVS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowman79

Programmer
May 8, 2012
I am looking at changing a TVS100 operation and was wanting to make sure I am going about it the proper way. Currently the system only goes to voice mail after the phone isn't answered by the operator or at night. Then they have to dial by last name. They would like to say a custom greeting and then dial 1-9 to go to extensions. I was looking at creating a custom service menu and directing them to the associated extension. If I create the custom menu and set the voice mail to voice mail(custom). Will this work.

Thanks for all of the help.

That will work...but if you want the VPS to answer immediately you'll need to DIL each line to the VPS extension.

They don't want it to answer immediately only when it is not answered by the operator.

It's still the same, you set the trunk to DIL on DELAYED ring to the VM port.

Then the custom greeting plays. They have X number of rings/seconds to answer live then the VM picks up and plays the greeting.

LkEErie

Sorry that is what I meant. So I Could leave the PBX programming the same and just change the voice mail from voice mail only to voice mail with custom 1 or custom 2.

Yes...you'll just need to select where you want each button to go when setting up the CS menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back