Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting Up CDR Through A CLAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBarrnes

MIS
Jul 12, 2004
US
I posted recently about setting up CDR through a serial port, but I think I'd like to try getting it through my CLAN. I have gone into Ch Node-Names and added the IP Address of my call accounting PC and named it CDR. Then I did Ch ip-serv and added a second entry under my CLAN called CDR. In that, I set the "CLAN" as my local Node and "CDR"(computer) as my remote node..(I don't know what to put for port.) Then I went in and did Ch sys-parameters cdr and changed primary output from eia to cdr1.
What else do I need to do to get it working. The company that is upgrading my Call Accounting says that they don't do anything about tranferring the CDR infor to the PC. They say that they just point their software to the directory on the computer where the cdr data is being dumped.
But how do I direct the Definity to dump to a certain directory on the CDR computer?
any help would be great.
Thanks TJ

You may need this:
ftp://ftp.avaya.com/incoming/Up1cku9/tsoweb/definity/RDTT_Readme_2.1.doc

or

Check thread:
thread690-419535

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

I have looked over the other thread as well as downloaded this utility, but it doesn't seem to help....unless I am misunderstanding something. I have the nodes added in the switch and I am able to ping the switch from the pc and vice vera. My call accounting company isn't helping me much. In the Definity, it has a field for port as well as an IP address. I don't know what the correct port would be. I would assume the Call Accounting system would have a port setting, but the technical rep says that they are not responsible for transferring the data out of the switch. They claim that they just direct the software to a given folder on the PC. I am kind of at a loss.

The call accounting company called me back and said that I should be able to install the Avaya Reliable Session Protocol. I am not sure whether I need to install the client and server or just the client. When I install them and set the port to 5023, I get messages that appear to be coming from the IP Address of the Definity, but they say "SPL:prosessing message type:unknown". I get several of these messages per second(as if I am receiving some form of data). Any ideas on configuration would be great.

I believe its port 9000 for some reason on the IP-Services form. I'm trying to confirm.

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

The RSP Protocol doesn't seem to connect using 9000. But if I use 5023 or 5000 it works.

Port 5002...

thread690-1221070

Thanks,
CJH

Using 5002, I am still getting data, but I don't know how to decipher what it means. It looks like this

RECEIVING UNKNOWN: message type rcvd(first 8 bytes)
31 37 30 30 31 30 37 31 1708 000
SPL:processing message unknown

Which call accounting application are you using? If you are trying to look at the data in the RSP your looking at the wrong place. All the RSP does is show that the PBX is transmitting the data over to your CAS.

The Radio Revolution has begun....

Well, I haven't installed my Call accounting System yet. I was waiting for the company to call to do a Web Ex session to install it. I was assuming that I'd be able to see and decipher the raw data coming across. I am going to be using Telemate made by Verso Technologies.

The other question I have is, should I be using the RSP Client or Server to capture the data from the Definity switch?

I'm using port 5000 for our CDR and it works fine but you need to confirm this with vendor.

I don't recall that being decipherable (sp?)... And I think it is the client that you need. There should be a "monitor raw data" feature with your Telemate that will give you raw data calls. I believe RSP is listening on that port, and collecting the data in a file Telemate will make legible and associate with names (that you've popluated in the CDR database) for reporting purposes. At least thats the way Tapit works...

Thanks,
CJH

I'm having the same problem. I'm using microcall as my callaccount and i'm getting REJECTED- Not a call record... I try port 5200-5000 etc....

Any idea what port to use???

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back