Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

setting up call center with voicemail pro 9.1 and IPO 9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsjonesy

Vendor
Nov 27, 2003
US
Any Help would be appreciated:

I've attached a call flow to better understand. I'm trying to get the vmpro to determine if agents are logged in before the TRANSFER option hits, after the ENTRANCE MESSAGE PLAYS. The Entrance Message can't be interrupted. If Agents are logged in, the call is presented to the group for queued and still queued options. If no agents are logged in and it's during business hours, need it to go to HG voicemail.

Also, any issues with agents not being logged out when a call is presented to them and not answered and not logging the agent out when I have it set to log out if unanswered.

Any thoughts?

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=0a3654ff-1c32-4282-b0a5-2fb5d24c6cfb&file=call_flow.PNG
I think this can only be acchieved by setting an overflow group, and enable the 'Immediate overflow' to 'no active agents'

Then set the oveflow group to VM after 1 second.

1) WTF would you want VM Pro to handle this when it is part of the core call handling function of the IP Office?
2) WTF is the customer doing with no agents logged in during working hours?

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Good thing I'm not driving a KIA in that neighbourhood....

Are you trying to play the welcome messages based on agent(s) being logged in?
If not, do as Okkie suggested, but set the overflow to 3000 sec. This way it will only go to VM if no-one is logged in.

Kind regards

Gunnar
_______
B.U.B.F

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Gunnaro/Okkie...During working hours, the ENTRANE message plays regardless of agent status. If and only IF all agents are NOT LOGGED IN does it go to a voicemail, otherwise, it goes to the group like normal. It is my responsibility to make sure that call is dealt with through the entire call, if no agents are logged in during business hours, I will deal with the call and the customer will deal with the agents that aren't logged in.....Back to the original question.....

Won't my agent stats in the reporting software be false if the call is moved from one group to another?

Sorry Gunnaro and Okkie- one of those parts of that last post was for IPGURU....

Well, then initial HG with immediate overflow and looooong timer will work just fine.

Reporting shouldn't be a problem either, if configured correctly.

Kind regards

Gunnar
_______
B.U.B.F

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

indeed
in the past I have configured the overflow to ring the manager/supervisor rather than VM. Not only does it alert the supervisor to the problem quicker it is amazing how much less the problem occurs ;-)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Giving them a group button helps, they can quickly see how long it's taking their agents to answer calls and if they are piling up :)

No need for buttons as we have a TV dispaying agent and group call stats

A handset with keys flashing away right next to supervisor get's their attention quicker than them looking up at wallboards, trust me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back