Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting Up Additional Auto Attendant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidshq

MIS
Jan 3, 2011
US
We currently have a NEAX 2400 IPX PBX with a NEAXMail AD-64 voicemail system. When someone calls in they are taken to the main opening box and can interact with the auto attendant from there. I would like to add a second menu, but am unsure how to tell the PBX that this auto attendant exists and that all calls to this extension should be handed off to the voicemail system? Right now, when I call the number even though I have it setup in voicemail it forwards to the operator.
Dave.

Set up a virtual extension, then call forward all that number to the VM pilot. Build a TBOX matching the virtual number. Point your calls to the virtual it will forward to the VM and be answered by the TBOX matching the VE number.

I can't find anything in the documentation about setting up virtual extensions? Is there another term for these virtual extensions?
Thanks,
Dave

Is a phantom station the same as a virtual extension?
Dave.

A virtual extension is programmed as a TEC 18 on LEN number 000247-000317, 001247-001317, etc. Those LEN number have no physical slots. Perform a LLEN LEN list and look over the result for any TEC 18's. It should give you an idea as to how your system is programmed. Virtual extensions are usually given to stations that need more than one station appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back