Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

setting up a queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBG

IS-IT--Management
Nov 30, 2004
US
I am administering a Merlin Magix system. I currently have
it set up so that 8 lines come in and ring to 8 different phones all at the sametime. example line 801 rings at the first position on each phone if someone is on that line it hunts to the next line 802 which will ring on each phone on the second button and so on. I want to set up a queue so that if all lines are busy or nobody answers the phone the
customer has an option to stay on the line and wait for the next available rep or they can press a number and go to voice mail immediately. I know i would have to set up a auto attendant the customer would have the option to hold on the line for next available rep (which would go into queue} or press 1 to go directly to voice mail. How would i set the system to go to a queue and ring at each of the lines 801-808 on each of the phones until someone answers or they decided to press a designated button on there phone to leave the queue and go to voice mail.

I know this is long and may be a bit confusing but if anyone has any advise on how to do this it would be appriciated. Also can this be done with a dlc operator or does it need to be a qcc?

Thank
Keith

THE ONLY WAY TO SET THIS UP, IS BY ADDING AN EXTRA EXTENTION AND PHONE. SO THAT OPERATOR IN THAT EXTENTION CAN LOG ON AND OFF.FROM THE EXTENTION THEY LOG OFF AND LOG ON. YOU ALSO NEED A ANSWERING MACHINE.

My suggestion would be to add a digital announcement unit viking DVA or equiv. assign all the lines you want answered this way to a calling group. Assign all the extensions you want in this group to the members of the calling group. Set it for most idle and auto-logout. assign an es status button on these phones to log in and out. Use the overflow on # prompt to send it to a covering vmail box. Record a greeting or que announcement and set it as the secondary ann. 30 sec interval. that should do it.

Thanks for the replies.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back