Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up a MLT trunk between a stack and an edge swtich

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4btec

IS-IT--Management
Apr 17, 2015
US
I am wanting to create a MLT trunk that uses two private fiber runs between our main building and another building. We have a stack of two 4850GTS-PWR+ switches that I will be using a fiber port each on, and they will both terminate to a single 3549-PWR+ in the second building. I think I've done enough googling to know how to actually create the MLT, but what is the proper way to handle STP for a small environment with a couple of MLTs? Also, when I configure the MLT I will be utilizing a port that is already the main connection between the two buildings. Is there a way to do that without traffic interruption?

when you create the mlt there will be a short disruption as the mlt forms, but it should only be seconds.

For stp just disable it on the mlt ports. this will create 2 different stp domains 1 in each location. so any re-convergence will not leak to the other building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back