Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Setting up a ip office for PRI and a mode problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pccsipoffice

Technical User
Apr 17, 2012
US
Setting up a ip office for PRI and a mode problem. IP office essential edition.
First problem, When you open up a saved config file manager opens up to basic edition
partner. If you connect to the system directly it is IP office mode. I tried to do the change mode
but manager connects and grays out the "ip office 11.2.3.0........ip office..." and I cannot check mark the box.
I thought you had to have a partner SD card to even get to partner mode.

Second problem, I know this is a lot consider for a forum, when the system is connected to the PRI circuit dialing 9
to make a call the phone display says call rejected. It is a 12 channel pri so I set channels 1-12 to active.
Any insight is appreciated.

Same result on a different PC and different manager.
A factory reset is done by the button on the back of the control unit?
I am assuming this would wipe all programming. Back to square one. Add licencing,
Can I send my saved config back to it?

To be switced from Basic to Standard you need te essential license. Anyway you can create an offline config (as a standard mode) wit your specific hardware save it all as config.cfg and place it in the system/primary folder of te system SD card (+ the license file)

There is a setting in I believe it is in 'File' across the top that you can set the default mode to basic or standard. I don't have the program in front of me to give you an exact answer but that would be why when you open an off line config it comes up in basic mode.

Edit: I looked it up File/Preferences/Default to Standard Mode needs to be enabled. It is off by default.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I haven't got PRI here to check but I recall you need licences for all but the first 8 channels.

It is possible that you are dialling out on unlicenced channels.

For some reason I could not change the mode. It just
showed it to be in ip office mode. Grayed out letters. But saved config files were opening in basic.

After a reset I am back to square one. I programmed the PRI line. Programmed call routes.
Tested on the circuit and calls are working.
Thanks to all for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back