Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set up system autodial to external numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

klmnop

MIS
May 4, 2006
US
We are running ASA CM 2.1.

I would appreciate help setting up system wide auto-dials to external numbers at another location which is not tied into our switch but which uses 4 digit extensions. We use 4 digit extensions internally.

So for example, if one of my users dials 4513, I'd like to convert that to 31nnnnnnn4513. We dial a 3 for an external number.

I don't yet know how many extensions will need to be set up this way. When I search for unused extensions in my switch, I see that 4500-4699 are free, so I'd like to at least set this up for 4500-4599, so matching pattern 45xx.

I've tried setting this up with AAR digit conversion 4 and ARS digit conversion 4, but get the wave-off signal in both cases.

Thanks in advance, Karen.

1 way to do this is by using ars digit conversion table, pretty straight forward, also another way is to build a virtual station and have a coverage path for example; cha coverage remote and entry 1 would be 9 and the telephone number, and so on the coverage path point 1 would be r1, hopefully I am not confusing you.

ARS DIGIT CONVERSION TABLE

Matching Pattern Min Max Del Replacement String Net Conv ANI Req

1 4 4 0 ext y n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
here is an example of an ars digit conversion table screen

Hi Joe - Thank you for the replies.

Here is my test current set-up:

display ars digit-conversion 4 Page 1 of 2

4512 4 4 0 31nnnnnn8340 ext y n

A test again yields the wave-off signal. A trace of dialing 4512 from my station shows:

LIST TRACE

time data

10:56:26 tone-receiver 01AXX02 cid 0x128c
10:56:26 active station 8127 cid 0x128c
10:56:27 dial 4512
10:56:27 denial station 8127 cid 0x128c
10:56:28 idle station 8127 cid 0x128c

There are no denial events.

Yes, my ARS access code is 3. I've tried it with an without the 3, and also with 'net' as 'ars' instead of 'ext'.

display ars digit-conversion 4 Page 1 of 2

4512 4 4 0 31nnnnnn8340 ext y n

I believe that our switch is set up such that outcalling requires an entry in ars analysis. The number I am testing with IS set up in there.

list ars analysis Page 5

ARS DIGIT ANALYSIS REPORT

Dialed Total Route Call Node
String Min Max Pattern Type Number

1nnnnnn8340 11 11 p1 fnpa

you must have something programmed incorrect as I do not see it even hitting the trunk group

Does this help? When I test with this number which is set up in ars analysis, there are no denial events.

1nnnnnn8340 11 11 p1 fnpa

When I test with a number which is not set up in ars analysis, I get this denial event:

display events
EVENTS REPORT

Event Event Event Event First Last Evnt
Type Description Data 1 Data 2 Occur Occur Cnt

1732 Caller COR Restricted 830028 1A02 05/03/11:07 05/03/11:07 1

I appreciate your hanging in there with me joe!

yes caller cor is restricted so that's your problem, most likely the frl level is not high enough to route out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back