Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Set Search Path

Status
Not open for further replies.

beansoup

Programmer
Feb 29, 2004
US
Using VFP9 SP2 with Vista. Have tried everything to change the "search path", but when I reload VFP9, it keeps getting set back to "c:\temp\test (that directory does not even exist). I've searched every file on my computer and through the registry and nowhere do I find "c:\temp\test". Seems like "tools/options/file locations" is totally ignoring my setting for "search path" - yes, I press "set as default".
Any suggestions?

Is there a entry listed in "StartUp Program" in "Tools -> Options-> File locations" ?

David W. Grewe Dave

Yes, taskpane.app

Tried blanking that out, no help.

Beansoup,

Are you sure it's the search path that keeps getting changed to Temp\Test? Or is the default directory? They are different entries in File Locations.

Also, keep in mind that the search path can be a relative path (relative to the default directory).

By the way, these settings are stored in the registry, not in a file.

Mike

My Visual FoxPro site: www.ml-consult.co.uk

? set("path") is returning "C:\TEMP\TEST\"
? set("default") is returning "C:"

Neither of these is consistent with what is in the registry.

If I start VFP9 with the "-C" option, then "path" and "default" respects the registry setting.

Again, I have searched through all files - there is no "config" file or resource file (or any file) containing "C:\TEMP\TEST\"

And searching for "C:\TEMP\TEST" gives me nothing.

And SYS(2019) gives me nothing.

Do you have a Config.fpw (or any *.fpw) file on your computer ? If yes, What commands are in them.

David W. Grewe Dave

There is not a "config.fpw" on my machine! Again, SYS(2019) yields nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back