Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

set classlib issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikh

Programmer
Apr 17, 2001
CA
I have a form excluded from exe file that uses classes built into this exe. In VFP command window I type:
SET CLASSLIB TO myclass IN myprogram.exe
MODIFY FORM myform
VFP comes with error "Error instantiating class. Cannot find class myclass.vcx".
Can anybody suggest any idea to fix this problem.
Thanks.

ikh,

What is the name of the VCX you have compiled into the myprogram.exe? That's what you should use when issuing SET CLASSLIB not the name of the class your form uses. So let's say that your vfp class library is called mylib.vcx, then you would issue:

Set classlib to mylib in myprogram.exe

...a couple things to note here are that mylib.vcx must be compiled into myprogram.exe and myprogram.exe must be accessible (via the path, current directory, etc.) by the code that you are running when you issue set classlib to or you will need to provide the fully qualified path to the exe rather than just using the filename of the exe.

boyd.gif

Myclass.vcx is the name of class compiled into myprogram.exe. I set the path to myprogram.exe as well.
SET CLASSLIB TO myclass IN d:\test\myprogram.exe
Any ideas?
Thanks,
ikh

ikh,

You sure it's not marked excluded?

What have you selected on the Project Information dialog. Marked encrypted or cleared the debug checkbox? (not sure if this matters, just curious)

Regards,

Mike

Class is included in the project.
I checked Project Info checkboxes and they all are cleared.
Thanks,
ikh

ikh,

Have you tried a build with Debug checked?

Regards,

Mike

Tried Debug, tried Encrypted - doesn't work.
Thanks,
ikh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back