Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Session Timeout 3300 rel 9.0.2.18

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitelAvaya

Technical User
Mar 16, 2006
NL
I've got a really strange one on a new 3300 im installing.

getting this error when trying to login
"Your session has time out. Please exit the application and log in again."

Seen this thread which is very similar to the issue i've got

I can telnet to the 3300, and login to the group admin page (i've checked the time, thats correct)
Anyone know of a maint command where I can turn the dbms flag off and upload the last good known backup, or get around the timeout error?

Thanks in advance!

are you using IE8? do you get the same error from another PC when you log in?

Yes, using IE8, same error from other machines, also all IE8. I can connect to my other 3300's with IE8

IE 8 support on the 3300 won't be official until MCD 4.1. Try using Avant browser. It works great for us on all 3300 versions of software.

Just tried Avant, still getting the same error message.

When I telnet into the kit this is the info i get. But cannot log those sessions off, dispite restarting the kit by pulling the plug, or telnet in and using hardReset.

sm_displaySessionInfo

Access Time IP Address Mode SessionID State Tool
----------- ---------- ---- ------------------------ ----- ----
23-10@17:11 UNKNOWN 0 KkEKHeCbO7bByvLsqjr[wA-- 0 4

23-10@17:11 UNKNOWN 0 ueHT2jQyntefoL9[gkCCSw-- 0 2

I've copied the below from the mitel knowledge base. You should downgrade your browser to ie7 or 6 and then try accessing the web interface. You could also try deleting all temp files and cookies in ie8 and see if that makes any difference.

"It is vital that any user who needs to manage a 3300 ICP via the ESM interface does not download and install this update from Microsoft on any machine they use for this purpose. The 3300 ICP ESM interface does not currently support IE 8 and there is a significant potential for undesirable results to occur when using IE 8 to access the 3300 ICP ESM."

To clear the config, go to maintenace commands, and type DBM FL OFF. This will delete most of the database but not all.

entering dbms flag off and rebooting will default the entire system.

BEWARE you will lose all programming, licences etc.

Make sure you have the licence info and a backup if needed if you go down this route

Ok, tried uninstalling IE8 and installing 7, no joy.

With the dbms flag off, I get this message...
DBMS warning: Unable to read/write state file. Reason: Node does not exist
DBMS info: DBMS_INITIALIZED is off

Leading me to think hdd issue?

I had this last week, swapped the HDD and it fixed it. I didnt have time to do a rebuild which should also have fixed it.

If nothing is still working I'd go with what chrismit suggested and reinstall the software/change out the hdd, but put it up to 9UR3.

I've just started the reinstall & upgrade as we speak. Only possible reason for this I've had from a Mitel Eng is that the controller was shipped with rel 8, upgraded, but the licences were rel 8, so controller got confused.

Will let you know if this resolves or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back