Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Session Manager and Call Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsaunde7

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2016
US
SM-Forward_kpfvss.png
I looking to forward calls directly from my session manager to an external number without having to go through the CM. I don't want to use vdn's/vectors to forward calls that come into my session manager from a particular 800#. Here is what I have in my Adaptations in Session Manager. I have it set to an external number but when I call it, it says number not in service

More than likely your provider will block it. You gotta send the call to CM so it changes the ANI

create an incoming adaption for your number that you want to forward, then make sure there is a matching dialpattern for that number to goto the pstn.

so I'm understanding correctly, I need to create a brand new Adaption and just put the 800 number that's being dialed in the Digit Conversion for Incoming calls to SM and delete digits and insert the number I want to forward the call to? Do I need to remove the 800# that I currently have in the existing Adaption? I currently have this 800# is dialpatterns going to my SBC and CM.

You dont need a new adaption. You just need to modify your existing adaption for your SBC. But you want to match it on the incoming side, not the outgoing side.

on the screenshot I have attached, this is my adaption for my CM, I also have an adaptation for our Avaya SBC, and our Avaya Experience Portal. Are you saying to remove the digit conversion from Outbound to the SM and add it to the Inbound to SM, if so I did this on the CM adaption and it reached my CM and played number, not in service, and then removed it from my CM adaptation and added it to my SBC adaption on the inbound to SM and same recording. what am I missing and do I need to modify anything in my dial pattern for this 800# since it's going to my CM and SBC.
SM-Forward1_ndwwew.png

List trace is your friend here. Based on your outbound adaption it looks like you SBC wants to see 10 digits but you're sending it 11.

List trace isn't showing me anything. I changed the insert digits to 10 digits and still getting the same thing. I see that the call is hitting the CM as I confirmed that my dial pattern has the 800# I'm trying to forward and it has my CMN and SBC bot as originating locations and route policies. Not sure what else I'm missing here. I have nothing in my CM Adaptation only the 800# above in my CM adaptation. If I'm trying to bypass the CM all together, I shouldn't need to have my dial pattern to hit the CM, only my SBC.

All,

Any other suggestions on getting this accomplished as trace isn't showing me anything, just showing the call hitting the CM. I need to call come into our SBC and then forward to an offsite number bypassing our CM. It has to be a way to bypass our CM and just use our SBC and Session Manager.

It won't work. Your carrier is blocking it because you don't have caller ID assigned to it. You need to pass it to CM so it passes through the public unknown table outpulsing a DID associated to your phone provider.

@avayaguy23

So in what way am I passing this to the CM? What adaptation am I using and for the 800# I'm trying to forward? What am I putting in my public unknown table?

I've never been able to get it to work besides routing the call out TDM. The problem we have is with Contact Center vectoring. They say route to x number whether its a toll free or international number to say india. The vector/VDN is using network region 1 which we tell the ARS to route to our ATT SIP. ATT blocks it because it doesn't have a valid caller ID assigned. ATT is seeing the caller-id of the original caller and isn't part of your ATT DID range. Again, I have never been able to solve this besides routing it out TDM. Basically you need to trombone the call so it goes through the ARS, gets assigned your public unknown. You may be able to solve this by having a virtual extension on CM, have it route the voicemail, and then use Reach Me to route the call to your 800 number. You could also open up a ticket with Avaya to see what they have to say.

Thanks for that suggestion. Haven't had any luck. Think I'm going to have to have users forward their actual station to the off-site number but need to update all auto-dial button assignments with the number we want to forward it to. Is there a mass button assignment change I can do to update the auto-dial number vs having to go into each station in CM. This way we can assign the number that it needs to be forwarded to instead of having the user do it.

Depends on how you are setup. Do you have CM integrated into System Manager and using templates? You could easily update the templates. You could also use Site administration under Advanced> either Import Data or Find and Replace. Depends on what you are comfortable with.

@avayaguy23
Check out diversion headers and the diversion header adapter built in to ASM. You can also google up your carrier + Avaya SBC application notes and often there is a guide on this exact feature iwth your carrier.

The diversion header can usually be customized to a DID which will then let your calls pass through despite having a off-circuit DID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back