Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service Pack 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tragdor

MIS
Jun 14, 2002
US
Is anyone running it, and is it stable and worth using? Any thoughts are helpful.

Thanks.

I have it running on all our servers, my laptop, and on all the win2k pro machines here with no problems at all.

Make sure you read the EULA carefully before you install it.

Same here been runing it no probs on Win2k Pro and Server.

No problems, been running it for a month on my machine, which has web, mail and FTP servers active. Newposter
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment."

It's fine except it won't allow remote shares anymore.

Used to be able to attach to a share from another workgroup or Domain by logging in from the command line. Now that is gone.

Personally, I hate it. I know that may sound a bit harsh, but ever since I installed it, I've had nothing but trouble.
Just my 2 cents... good luck with it. Hope I was of some help...
--OR--
Thanks for the help...
--Rich

I've installed it on two machines, and now I'm letting it "age" for a couple of months. No issues yet. OTOH, I installed SP1 for IE6 on a couple of machines, that one is a loser! I had to back it off, graphics would randomly not display on many web pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back