Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Service Pack 3 conflicts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenrx7

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2002
US
Have guys had any problems from updating to Service Pack 3?
Josh McMahon
A+ Certified
jmcmahon@lexgen.com

Yes.. Once the update was done the system reboots and an error that says "Winlogon has generated an error yada yada" the program will need to be restarted shows up. The system reboots and the same thing appers.
No F8 start options works.
Nothing on this case on MS Technet
Alot of ppl have the same problem but no soulution.

Thats my exprience of SP3 so far :)

No problems whatsoever. I think those with problems probably had them before the update. if it weren't for flashbacks I'd have no memory at all

Not a problem at all, did you have SP2 on prior to SP3?

I've patched abround 25 servers to Sp3, including AD DCs, Exchange server, Proxy server, file and print servers etc without incident so far...

Err just realised this is the Pro forum not Server heh. Anyway - we are using Sp3 on desktops/laptops to without any conflicts so far (and use a range of applications inc. Office, Oracle, Terminal Emulators etc).

Ravern

I had a problem with one machine. Really strange
Check
thread616-396236 out for further details

I found removing the SP worked I have since had to flatten the machine and start from scratch. I have reapplied the SP and all is working fine.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back