Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ServeRAID 3h with Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteGhost4ever

Technical User
Aug 21, 2003
CA
I have been trying to get my serveRAID 3h controler to work under WinXP. The supplied drivers on the ServeRAID 6.10 CD start at ServeRAID 4x. I have succeded partially by using the Winnt driver for 2/3/4 on the serveRAID 6.10 CD but i fell i am not getting all i can from my RAID 0 array comprised of 3 10k seagate Drives. My read speeds peaks a 70M/s but my Write is only 12 M/s. Second problem is i want to install Windows on on2 of the partitions of the array but XP will not detect the controler and the Winnt driver does not work for the install. Is there any hope or do i have to downgrade to Win2k which i dont want to do.

Thanks for your help.

hi,
for my opinion, passing from XP to W2K is not a "downgrade", but an "upgrade" !

bye

The IBM Serveraid 3H controller uses the driver supplied by XP, when you specify the scsi controller F6 at the install choose the serveraid 3h driver there,there will be two choices, choose the older one, of course you would have already created the array before installing the OS.

I concur. You should be doing an upgrade rather than a downgrade.

Go to and download the following files:

90p2772.iso - IBM ServeRAID support CD v6.10

23k4684.exe - IBM ServeRAID Support for Microsoft Windows 2000 and Windows XP version 6.10

Remember to update your drivers with the diskette first then boot your system to the CD and flash the firmware and BIOS on the adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back