Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Outage - ipoffice service wont restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

skaval24

Vendor
Mar 9, 2010
ZM
Rebooted primary server running IPO 9.1.5 and ipoffice service wont start after reboot. I rebooted secondary server and all services come up just fine.
i try to restart it and still no luck.

what did you do to it before the reboot

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Sorry for the delay in responding. Spent the whole night working on this. So I was sleeping most of yesterday.

I just made some changes to the IP Lines (SIP trunks). I couldn't merge, only option was to restart. after that the ipoffice service didnt come up.

In the end I worked with Bobby Stewart from Avaya to re-image the servers to 9.1.7. After that it was all good. Bobby suspects it could have been a hardware issue that caused it.

Now am really looking to see how to leverage the HA features for server edition.

Like eating at the taco place, it makes for a shit night, takes two days to recover but it's a great learning curve.
Like a crash course ACSS exam and applications workshop all in one.

Q: What do you get if you cross a creek and a brook?

A: wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back