Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sequentially adding record sets from an unlinked table to a subform?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocOyibo

Technical User
Apr 26, 2007
NG
Hi.....

I am an enthusiastic ACCESS amateur and new to the Tek-Tips fora. I am developing a work related hazard/risk assessment tool, where I have currently hit a 'knowledge gap'

I’m convinced I have set everything up correctly, but I lack the VBA programming skills to get the following to happen:

1: I’ve created an unlinked ‘stand alone’ stock table of hazards which can be seen from a pop up form FrmHazards (when you press the new hazard button on the subform FrmNewHazard);

2: I want to sequentially populate the (continuous) subform called FrmNewHazard with an hazard of my choice on a one by one basis from the choices contained in the stand alone form above (I’ve currently got my method of choosing the hazard set up as a combo box);

I seem to be missing the instruction to tell the underlying query to add the new hazard I pick to the form FrmNewHazard??

I don't know if this is the correct protocol (please correct me if not), but the genesis of my DB can be found on my public space
Hope someone can put me on the right trail? Thanks anyway.

is your continuous subform also unbound?

if so, then you can do this by creating a recordset, adding your records to the recordset, then assigning the recordset to the subform, and finally requerying the form.

--------------------
Procrastinate Now!

either that or create a temp table, bound the subform to the temp table and start dumping records to the temp table...

--------------------
Procrastinate Now!

Thanks for the reply Crowley16.

The continuous subform is bound to its parent form that I use to initially create a unique project reference that is passed to the subform (foreign key). The idea is to add the 'hazards' one at a time to the bound subform from the stock table.

I'll give the above a try.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back