Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sending CPN Number with Remote Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2007
US
Apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it.

I have a cover path with a remote point. My question is if the call being sent to the remote point is an external one, can I send the original number? And if so, how? Call is coming in and going out same trunk (ISDN PRI). CM 2.

Sean

Is the call going through to the remote coverage point?

If the call is going through but just showing your BTN it is because the LEC is probably not allowing the number to pass to them from you (make sure send calling number is checked on the 2nd page of the trunk form). The LEC sometimes (especially newer setups) have been blocking numbers passed to them because you do not own the number and instead they replace it with the BTN (probably your first DID). You can get them to fix this but they want you to sign waivers. They started doing this due to ANI spoofing.

Thanks for the response chandler,

I think you're right because if I change the public-unknown -numbering for my extension I can only use a number in our DID range or else I just get the first DID number. Thanks for the answer I'll have to talk to our service provider.

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back