Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Send to VM, VM Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidelinesammy

Vendor
Jan 11, 2012
US
I'm setting up an IP Office 500V2, release 8 and using 9508 telephones and VM Pro. Even when a user has VM disabled in programming, the user still gets a VM soft button on incoming calls that would allow them to send the call to VM. How do you prevent this?

Well I thought of that but I don't see that as being an option in VM Pro. How do you do it?

See here:

Untitled.png

OK...right clicked on user, selected disable mailbox and answered yes. Clicked save and make live. Is there some other save or reboot step that I'm missing? Because the user still has the option to send the call to VM.

They get the "canned" greeting but after the "beep" they are not allowed to leave a message but are given a prompt to check their mail or dial other codes for different options. Just hoping we can get rid of the soft key option to send calls to VM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back